Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good News

I have eight pieces of good news. Here they are, in no particular order of prominence.

1. I listened to the unfinished remix of "It Won't Be Long" last night. Played it for some fans and friends. It rocks!! Klubjumpers should be done with it this next week. And, they're confident it will chart on Billboard. Billboard!

2. Jon Davidson T-shirts, tanks, and hoodies are on the way! James Fletcher, design guru with THELABDESIGN, finished the design over the weekend. They're being printed in Georgia (the state, not the war-torn country) and will be available by January. Soon I won't have to wear my "Hello, My Name Is" sticky nametag anymore.

3. I ate either eight or nine bananas today.

4. I didn't go to the studio today to work on "Never A Metaphor," a new track. While this could be construed as bad news, it also meant that I got to sleep in till 11:30 and have breakfast in bed.

5. People from all over the world have written me to tell me they voted for me for the 2009 Portland Music Awards! It's cool that a chick I don't know in Japan took the initiative to not only vote for me but to get her whole Economics class to vote for me too!

6. It is 22 degrees here in Portland, and there's snow on the ground. I hate snow. 21 years in Michigan is enough to instill anyone with hatred for most kinds of white, powdery substances. Good news, though: I can feel the cold, which means I still don't have leprosy.

I wonder if the words "leprosy" and "leopard" have the same etymology. "Leotard," even. I digress.

7. I freaking love my job! I can't wait to play at Vicinato Wine Bar in Portland this Friday. I'm so grateful for everyone who comes to my shows, buys my CDs, and gives me the opportunity to do what I love doing.

8. Christmas is almost here! Which means that I'll only have to listen to "Jingle Bell Rock" sixty-seven more times this year.

No comments: