Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Release






This last Saturday, I celebrated the release of my new album, Perfect Cliche, at Macadam's in Portland. I wasn't celebrating alone. One employee said that my show brought the largest Macadam's crowd he'd seen in years.

Issues with the sound system delayed the start of the show by a few minutes. C'est la vie, monsieur. (I don't speak French, so don't ask for any more than that. They should change the name of the language to Freedom, anyway.)

Chris Merrill, frontman for the eponymous Portland pop/rock band, kicked the show off with a sweaty, gritty, solo acoustic rock set. Merrill has one of the best voices in the Northwest, period. If it were possible, I would have babies with his voice. In the most heterosexual way possible.

I took the stage, along with Matt Tjostlovson on hand drums and Tony Ramal on vocals, shortly after ten, and played for an hour and a half.

Yeah, I know I was wearing the same shirt as I did for my album photoshoot. That was planned.

After the show, Mandy and my parents (who had flown in from Michigan) conspired to get me a cake with the CD cover on the front! Despite clearly stating my intentions to eat my own frosted head, Matt got ahold of it. I hate him. After signing some autographs on CDs, posters, and backs, we took the party on down the road.

I can't say thanks enough to everyone who made my CD release show amazing. My Portland fans simply rock.

Don't miss my free show at The Buffalo Gap with Russ Stafford tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome show Jon! My pictures turned out like crap, but hopefully you play in Portland again... give me another chance :)
~Hayley xoxo