Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow.


I'm feeling really groggy right now. Slept in today and woke up to a bunch of new snow and the news that all of my plans for the day had been canceled. I'm brewing some organic dark roast coffee right now, and just the smell of it is perking me up, but also mocking me because my coffee maker doesn't have a steal-a-cup feature.

I played in Portland at a small, chic wine bar last night. Despite blizzard conditions, a small yet loyal following made it out to Vicinato to listen to two hours of me. Vicinato rocks.

Throughout the night, whenever I asked for anything, somebody put it in my mouth. Anything. I asked for water and got beer. Asked for a taste of caprese and got a skewer. I could get used to this.

I kicked off my "Write My Song" contest last night. I played a song I'm writing, and asked the audience to write down a title and what the song should be about. I'll be posting a video online this weekend. I'm gonna pick one title and theme, and write the lyrics based on that. If I pick your idea, you get a free Jon Davidson T-shirt, or a free CD. Your pick.

Stop reading this lame blog and go vote for me for the 2009 Portland Music Awards!

No comments: